The Christian Post is looking for a full-time and experienced Section Editor who is able to oversee weekend news coverage on Saturday and Sunday, and manage the Church & Ministry section. The Weekend Editor/Church & Ministry Editor should be able to write articles, conduct interviews, solicit opinion pieces from thought leaders and experts, and handle line and copy edits, including breaking church & ministry news and features.
- Distribute assignments to Reporters in collaboration with Managing Editors
- Run weekend coverage on Saturday and Sunday, and 3 days of weekday coverage.
- Review all Church & Ministry content, reviewing text, images, videos and embedded content
- Edit stories for content, accuracy, story flow and continuity; as well as for style, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Update the Christianpost.com homepage
- Manage The Christian Post’s weekend social presence, posting new stories to Twitter and Facebook
- Work with staff and freelance writers to sharpen leads, as well as fact-checking
- Write compelling, SEO-friendly headlines; crafting concise, accurate captions
- Recruit Opinion writers/contributors who are thought leaders and respected practitioners in churches & ministries
- Interview key church & ministry leaders
- Network with Christian churches, ministries and leaders
- Ensure content is written and presented with clarity and a biblical worldview
- Able and willing to write articles and breaking news stories
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- At least three years' proven experience working as a news editor online, post-baccalaureate degree.
- Proven experience in both line editing and copy editing, working revisions and rewriting of stories
- Ability to work under deadlines without compromising editorial standards
- Expert with AP style
- Agree with The Christian Post’s statement of faith
- Based in Washington, D.C., Dallas, TX or remote.
Please include 3 writing samples, a cover letter, and resume.