Freelance Christian Music Reporter (part-time) for BREATHEcast.com
We are looking for a capable writer and interviewer, passionate and knowledgable about the Christian music scene.
Location: Nashville/Franklin TN, or Washington, DC
- Write 1-2 original news stories on the Christian music industry and artists each day
- Build good relationships with artists, managers, publicists, record labels, event promoters, and more,
- Post content on Breathecast social media channels
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- A self-starter, motivated and dynamic, with a friendly personality
- 1-2+ years in professional writing and high proficient in copy editing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Fluent in English,
- Experience using a CMS to update website
- Excellent editorial, verbal and written communication skills,
- Knowledge of trends, social media platforms and various media formats,
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities and schedules.
• At least one year proven experience in news/magazine writing, preferably digital.
• Ability to work under deadlines without compromising editorial standards
• Expert with AP style
• Agree with BREATHEcast's statement of faith
• Based in Nashville, TN or Washington, DC
Who We Are
BREATHEcast.com, an affiliate of The Christian Post, is a Christian music and entertainment website launched in 2004. It is dedicated to the expansion of God's Kingdom through the medium of music and entertainment.
• Include a cover letter with resume
• Provide 3 writing samples
Please fill out the application one time. Thank you.
Your application was submitted successfully.