The Christian Post is looking for an experienced World Editor. The World Editor should be able to write articles, conduct interviews, solicit opinion pieces from thought leaders and experts, and handle line and copy edits, including breaking world news and features.
- Distribute assignments to Reporters in collaboration with Managing Editors
- Review all World content, reviewing text, images, videos and embedded content
- Able and willing to write articles and breaking news stories
- Edit stories for content, accuracy, story flow and continuity; as well as for style, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Work with staff and freelance writers to sharpen leads, as well as fact-checking
- Write compelling, SEO-friendly headlines; crafting concise, accurate captions
- Recruit Opinion writers/contributors who are thought leaders and respected practitioners in world ministry
- Interview key world leaders
- Network with Christian ministries and leaders
- Ensure content is written and presented with clarity and a biblical worldview
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- At least three years' proven experience working as a full time news editor, post-baccalaureate
- Proven experience in both line editing and copy editing, working revisions and rewriting of stories
- Ability to work under deadlines without compromising editorial standards
- Expert with AP style
- Agree with The Christian Post’s statement of faith
- Based in Washington, DC, Dallas, TX, or remote.
Please include 3 writing samples, a cover letter, and resume.