Crossmap.com News Section Editor Responsibilities:
We are looking for someone who reads a lot of news and is balanced and objective; he/she should know what is quality journalism and story-telling. Capable of digesting the news down to easy to understand bites for our users.
Location: Washington, DC
-Curate and feature the most important new stories in the day, sourced from Christian news publishers and magazines
-Update the Crossmap News main page and sections 5 times per day
-Create and send out a daily news digest newsletter
-Create social media posts that drive traffic to Crossmap News
-Produce a daily news podcast program that summarizes the top stories
-Establish content partnerships with news publishers to create special content for Crossmap News
- At least two years' proven experience in news/magazine editing, preferably digital
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
- Fluent in English
- Knowledge of evangelical Christian worldview and media landscape
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities and schedules,
- Excellent editorial, verbal and written communication skills,
- Ability to work under deadlines without compromising editorial standards
- Expert with AP style
- Agree with Crossmap.com's statement of faith
- Based in Washington, DC
Potential Start date: Oct 25, 2021
Who We Are
Crossmap.com, an affiliate of The Christian Post, is a Christian living portal website serving the U.S. and global Christian communities launched in 2004.
Crossmap.com's vision is to gather and share every beneficial Christian resource in the world based on Biblical values, while promoting cooperation among believers and strengthening the faith of our site visitors.
The Crossmap network is pan-denominational, viewing all Christian denominations as equal constituents of the body of Christ.
Your application was submitted successfully.