Writer & Homepage Manager
We are looking for a capable writer and interviewer, passionate and knowledgable about the Christian music scene.
Location: Nashville/Franklin TN
- Maintain and update the Breathecast.com homepage 5 days per week, making sure that content on the homepage is fresh and new,
- Write 2 news stories on the Christian music industry and artists who are Christians each day, this can include interviews and reviews,
- Receive submissions from volunteer and guest writers, copy edit their work so that it is good enough to publish,
- Choose YouTube videos of new music releases and newsworthy videos and post on Breathecast,
- Build good relationships with artists, managers, publicists, record labels, event promoters, and more,
- Manage and post content on Breathecast social media channels
- Send out a weekly Breathecast newsletter with the best new content of the week
- On a monthly basis, analyze traffic and audience analytics, build up engagement and grow regular users
- Provide a monthly report to management on traffic, user engagement and other metrics as required
- Perform additional duties as assigned.
- A self-starter, motivated and dynamic, with a friendly personality
- 1-2+ years in professional writing and high proficient in copy editing
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent,
- Fluent in English,
- Experience using a CMS to update websites and send out newsletters
- Excellent editorial, verbal and written communication skills,
- Knowledge of trends, social media platforms and various media formats,
- Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities and schedules.
• At least three years' proven experience in news/magazine writing, preferably digital.
• Ability to work under deadlines without compromising editorial standards
• Expert with AP style
• Agree with The Christian Post’s statement of faith
• Based in Nashville, TN
Benefits & Perks
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance
• Paid maternity and paternity leave
• Paid Time Off
• Sick Leave
Who We Are
BREATHEcast.com, an affiliate of The Christian Post, is a Christian music and entertainment website launched in 2004. It is dedicated to the expansion of God's Kingdom through the medium of music and entertainment.
• Include a cover letter with resume
• Provide 3 writing samples
Please fill out the application one time. Thank you.
Your application was submitted successfully.