Digital Sales Manager
The Christian Post, Edifi
We are looking for an experienced Digital Sales Manager to join our team in Washington, D.C. The Digital Sales Manager should have a deep understanding and knowledge of the Christian, family-friendly, faith-based market. He/she should have a proven track record of success in meeting revenue goals and increasing overall revenue. The Digital Sales Manager will develop strong relationships with digital media agencies, national brands, ministries, non-profits and individuals who wish to reach their target audience through The Christian Post and Edifi in the US. The ideal candidates should have excellent leadership qualities, exceptional communication skills, and strong relationships with top advertising agencies.
PRIMARY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Develop and manage strong and recurring revenue producing relationships with agencies and clients for digital ad sales for christianpost.com, the Edifi app and Edifi podcasts.
• Develop new business by selling advertising, sponsored content and e-blasts by contacting brands, agencies, and other potential clients.
• Build and monitor a full pipeline of sales leads, and create accurate revenue forecasts.
• Create and present advertising strategies and ideas for clients incorporating The Christian Post’s digital advertising properties.
• Provide input on sales promotion ideas to management.
• Monitor the metrics of sales engagement with prospects
• Provide reports on what's working and what's not based on metrics of open rates, CTRs of prospecting emails, sales closing ratio, and more. Reports to Business Development Manager.
• Perform additional duties as assigned.
• Experienced. 5 + years in digital media sales. Additional podcast sponsorship sales experience a plus!
• Agency account management experience also a plus.
• Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or related field.
• Fluent in English
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Knowledge of digital advertising, research, ad sales, and traffic operations.
• Experienced in creating advertising scripts.
• Strong time management skills with the ability to understand clients needs and manage the sales negotiation process.
• Demonstrate empathy for customers struggles and challenges
• Ability to build and maintain positive customer relationships.
• Resilient, persuasive, energetic, and creative with the ability to overcome objections.
• Proficient in Word, Excel and PowerPoint, and Salesforce.
• Working knowledge of new media and digital interactive initiatives.
• Must have extensive digital advertising industry experience and business insight.
• Experience with conceptualizing digital and integrated ideas and writing proposals for major accounts.
• Good at finding ways to motivate yourself and your teammates.
• Highly organized and able to adapt to changing priorities
• Understanding of consumer data management, inventory management, pricing, estimates, planning, and campaign stewardship.
• Extremely detailed oriented with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
Benefits & Perks
• Medical insurance
• Dental insurance
• Paid maternity/paternity leave
• Paid Time Off
• Sick Leave
Your application was submitted successfully.