We are looking for an experienced Business Editor to be a part of a new business section under The Christian Post. The Business Editor should be able to write articles, conduct interviews, solicit opinion pieces from thought leaders and experts, handle line and copy edits, including breaking business news and features, update business newsletters and social media accounts, and plan within the section. This position is based in Washington, D.C., Dallas, Texas, or can be remote.
- Distribute assignments to Reporters
- Review all Business content, reviewing text, images, videos and embedded content
- Edit stories for content, accuracy, story flow and continuity; as well as for style, grammar, spelling and punctuation
- Work with staff and freelance writers to sharpen leads, as well as fact-checking
- Write compelling, SEO-friendly headlines; crafting concise, accurate captions
- Recruit Opinion writers/contributors who are thought leaders and respected practitioners in business and marketplace ministry
- Interview key business and marketplace ministry leaders
- Network with Christian marketplace ministries and leaders
- Ensure content is written and presented with clarity and a biblical worldview
- Able and willing to write articles and breaking news stories
- Update business newsletter and social media accounts
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- At least three years' proven experience in News/Magazine editing, post-baccalaureate.
- Proven experience in both line editing and copy editing, working revisions and rewriting of stories
- Ability to work under deadlines without compromising editorial standards
- Expert with AP style
- Agree with The Christian Post’s statement of faith
- Based in Washington, DC, Dallas, TX, or remote.
Please include 3 writing samples, a cover letter, and resume.