We are looking for a full-time Newsletter Editor who will be responsible for fully preparing and managing daily newsletters for several The Christian Post brands. The Newsletter Editor will take charge of the editing, production and improvement of the newsletters. The candidate should have excellent skills at writing, editing, production and fact-checking and be able to summarize stories from Christianpost.com and other publications that ignite conversation.
Newsletters are a vital way The Christian Post publications reach their audience, bringing news, insights and more to millions of people every day. The right candidate should have a thorough understanding of the best practices of how to engage and connect with an audience through email.
This must be achieved while ensuring the highest standards of privacy and protection of user data are upheld.
- Ensure timely delivery of newsletters and that content accurately reflects the vision, mission, and beliefs of Christianpost.com and other brands
- Continually optimize our newsletters top to bottom, from subject lines to footers and everything in between, to deliver consistent excellence, increase engagement, and grow our audience - measured by both open rates and subscription
- Write strong subjects, pre-header text, summaries and more.
- Coordinate with our editorial and design teams on newsletter strategies and conceiving and launching new newsletters for new content initiatives.
- Monitor the performance of all newsletters and work with editors and writers to build an audience and improve key performance indicators
- Build out an engaged, excited community of active readers
- Design processes to measure and improve email performance and user engagement
- Compile regular audience reports on each newsletter to identify the opportunities for growth and improvement of key metrics (open rates, subscribers, click through, etc.).
- Track and communicate feedback from readers
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s or equivalent degree
- At least two years proven experience working as a newsletter editor for a news publication with significant experience in writing or editing news, or at least three years experience in editing and writing.
- Proven experience in both line editing and copy editing, working revisions and rewriting of stories
- Ability to work under deadlines without compromising editorial standards
- Ability to excel in a fast-paced, news-driven organization
- Expert with AP style
- Agree with The Christian Post’s statement of faith
- Based in Washington, D.C. preferred. Accepting remote applicants as well.
- Experience working across teams
- Visual storytelling skills (not required, but nice to have)
Please note that only candidates who answer all application questions below will be considered.